DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER:
The views presented in this blog are the views of the author, and are not intended to represent the views of the government, the Department of Defense, or the United States Army, or any person or organization of consequence. Any resemblance to the viewpoints of legitimate writers or intelligent persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. If you try to reprint this without the permission of the author...just don't reprint this without the permission of the author, we'll leave it at that.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Goings on and such

Once again, I'm being quite delinquent in regularly posting to my blog, but my commitment to improve on that has not ceased.  Regardless, things are still moving along at a furied pace in our lives, as the dust from our move to Virginia has finally settled, and I am getting ready to start my course tomorrow.  I'm doing all I can to get brushed up on the new Army doctrine I have to become proficient in, and let me tell you:  IT'S NOT FUN.  That shit is just SO DAMN BORING.  OK, it's not really boring, it's just very cumbersome and difficult to pore through, especially when you're as ADHD as I am (hey, look a squirrel!).  So, for the next six months my life is going to be consumed by Field Manuals, Training Circulars, Army Regulations, etc, etc, etc.  I've also registered to take another MBA course starting in January.  Good times.

On top of my military and civilian education, my commitment to running has grown stronger.  Having recently completed the McDonald's (ironic sponsor, I know) Half Marathon in Richmond with a personal best of 1:48:02, I have a newfound strength and confidence in my running abilities.  I registered for the SunTrust National Marathon in Washington, DC, and will spend the next few months preparing for it.  I'm extremely excited to be able to run my first marathon, especially through a city rich in history and scenery as Washington, DC.  My training is just kicking off, and yesterday I ran my final run of the week, 13.1 miles, bringing me to a 32 mile week.  That is the most in one week I've ran since I started.  So far, I'm feeling good about where things are going.  I'm in the best shape of my life, I'm back to the weight I was when I was a senior in college, and I'm finally back in my career of choice.  Life is good my friends, life is good.  Best wishes to all as the holiday season really gets going, stay sane, keep the stress down, and stop and enjoy the scenery sometimes.  That's my life philosophy, that's my running philosophy, and it works (and it's not copyrighted).

No comments:

Post a Comment