DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER:
The views presented in this blog are the views of the author, and are not intended to represent the views of the government, the Department of Defense, or the United States Army, or any person or organization of consequence. Any resemblance to the viewpoints of legitimate writers or intelligent persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. If you try to reprint this without the permission of the author...just don't reprint this without the permission of the author, we'll leave it at that.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesday Musing

Today's one of those days where I can't help but think that Ferris Bueller was wise beyond his years when he said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." As with most days, I spent the majority of my time in useless meetings and nugging away at PowerPoint presentations that I'll never get credit for. Such is my job, such is my mania. However, I also got to spend a bit of time following my daughter as she tromped around the yard pointing at random objects and babbling incoherently with what I could only assume were her descriptions of each of the objects at which she was pointing. As she becomes more and more observant of the things around her it never ceases to amaze me the amount of small, once meaningless things that are now amazing and relevant once again. That bush at the corner of the house that I never got around myself to trim is now a new discovery. The paper that I didn't have time to pick up from the driveway this morning, now something cool to carry around. The neighbor's yard, just as dead and weed-infested as my own, a new frontier to explore. The garden gnome in the flower bed, once a cheeky bit of self-expression that I had to have, now a new toy. As the days go on, I only think more and more at how these little moments all add up to make a lifetime. Watching our little one grow, learn, and discover brings a whole new perspective to life, careers, and decisions, all of which I have to take inventory of over the next few weeks...

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment