DISCLAIMER:

DISCLAIMER:
The views presented in this blog are the views of the author, and are not intended to represent the views of the government, the Department of Defense, or the United States Army, or any person or organization of consequence. Any resemblance to the viewpoints of legitimate writers or intelligent persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. If you try to reprint this without the permission of the author...just don't reprint this without the permission of the author, we'll leave it at that.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Captain's Blog: Stardate March 8th, 2010. Entry #1

This is my first foray into blogging, it's never been something that I've thought about much until recently, but the chance to have an outlet to talk about what's going on, share stories of life, work, family, etc., seemed pretty interesting. Plus, strangely enough, some consider me a relatively witty and humorous person, so who knows, maybe I'll post some quirky little gem that you can quote to your friends like, "I read this on a guy's blog, isn't he funny?" So, a little about me: I'm 30 years old, married for seven years to my absolute best friend, have a 15 month old daughter who's beautiful and hilarious and much more popular than I am. I'm an officer in the Army, and love my chosen profession. I'm a self-professed music snob. I'm a self-professed beer snob. I'm politically moderate, I can't stand the self-righteous right, the self-righteous left, too much government, irresponsible spending, or the Tea Party. So, needless to say, I prefer to make my own decisions regardless of party affiliation. I enjoy running, and recently completed my first half-marathon. I want to complete a full 26.2 mile race this year sometime. Being out on the road for hours at a time with nothing but my music running is my favorite outlet for blocking out the stress of life, work, bills, etc. I like to take risks, and sometimes they bite me in the ass. So be it. The best lessons learned in life sometimes come from taking risks. I'm very competitive, I always have been. It will one day spell my doom, I know. I have a handful of friends that I will always stay in touch with. They're the type of people that even when we go three or four years without seeing each other, when we do it's like only a day passed. That's friendship in my opinion. I can't stand seeing people touch their eyes. I can't even watch my wife put her contacts in. it's just creepy. For some reason I can't seem to take my shoes off, even at home. My wife hates it. I blame Iraq. Just not a fan of being barefoot these days. The year from March 2004-March 2005 changed me permanently, good, bad, and all in between. I still like cartoons. I still hate insomnia. I've tried to change the way I eat many times. It doesn't work, so that's another reason I have to run long distances.

SO, that's a little peek into the twisted mass of grey matter and velveeta that lies between my big ears. Random, I know, but aren't most first blogs? I'll shed more into who I am and what my life is like as I go. Till then, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment